Random - Here and there!

They had a world of their own. He had a sky to flee his wings and fly at his will. It intrigued him, love especially theirs, which seems to have been full of codes and rituals. Almost all of them devised by her.
.....

Eyes shone behind the curls of smoke.

.....

I loved the word hypothesis. It sounded adult and beautifully alien. I had never heard anything like it before. I wanted more words like it. I felt, instinctively, that when you had enough words like hypothesis, you'd be able to deal with world. I was not sure, I would ever be able to deal with the world. It seemed too big and demanding and there was not a fixed syllabus.

.......

Thoughts are like electric currents, and inside her head they ran uncontrolled. Flashing and sizzling. When he looked into her eyes, stories they shared got intensified. His mole down the lip shined like a star beside moon. His curly hair shaded her surroundings as if it was submerged in dark clouds.

.....

That's why Indian women fall ill, Em said. So that their husbands will hold their hands.


Random Lines from: 'Em and the big hoom' by Jerry Pinto.

Comments

Popular Posts